VOLUNTEER WITH RACE GUARDS
Are you an avid runner? Embrace your passion for the sport while aiding fellow athletes. Volunteer and you'll participate in races while keeping an eye out for people needing help. It's the best of all worlds: Participating in a sport you love while giving back.
As a Race Guards team member, you will:
- Serve as a first-responder
- Get participants back on track to finish the race, when possible
- Administer First Aid, CPR or AED if needed
- Stay with the athlete until help arrives, when necessary
- Offer encouragement and a positive attitude!
- Receive appreciation and satisfaction for giving back to others
Join the winner's circle. Volunteer today!
You don't need to be a winning athlete to join Race Guards (although being a Race Guards team member makes you a winner in our book!). Race Guards are placed throughout the race, in the front, middle and back. Fast and slow, everyone can join!
Race Guards must be certified in First Aid, CPR and AED (automated external defibrillators). You'll need to submit your credentials to the Event Director. In some cases, background checks are required.
3 Easy Steps To Apply
All current and new Race Guards must register and apply here in order for us to track certifications, eligibility, and manage race sign ups across all regions and activities. You must go through the registration before you sign up for your first race!
Important: We require all Race Guards to be CPR, First Aid, and AED certified. Before filling out the application, please have scans or photos of your current certifications and your driver's license available for upload (.pdf, .gif, .png or .jpg formats accepted). If you do not hold current certifications, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will quickly arrange for you to attend one of our certification and training courses.
- Have your current CPR, AED, and First Aid Certifications at hand. If any of your certifications are expired, you can now sign up for a refresher course and get your certifications updated. If you are having trouble locating your certifications and you obtained them through a Race Guards Certification Course, please email Janice Penrose at email@example.com to assist you.
- Complete the Race Guards volunteer application. Complete all required fields. Upload scans or photos of your current CPR, AED and First Aid Certifications (mandatory). Review, sign the waiver and submit your volunteer application.
- Upon approval and verification of certifications, we'll email you a confirmation with next steps to sign into the Race Guards Membership dashboard to complete your profile.
Let's get you started:
If the application does not load for you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive tech help.