Go the extra mile, earn the extra smiles
Volunteer to be a Race Guard
Are you an avid runner? Cyclist? Active sports enthusiast? Embrace your passion for the sport while aiding fellow athletes. Volunteer and you'll participate in races while keeping an eye out for people needing help. It's the best of all worlds: participating in a sport you love while giving back.
You don't need to be a winning athlete to join Race Guards (although being in Race Guards makes you a winner in our book!). Race Guards are placed throughout the race, in the front, middle and back. Fast and slow, everyone can join!
On your mark, get set, help!
Race Guards must be certified in First Aid, CPR and AED (automated external defibrillators). You'll need to submit your credentials to the Event Director. In some cases, background checks are required.
As a Race Guard, you will:
- Serve as a first responder
- Get participants back on track to finish the race, when possible
- Administer First Aid, CPR or AED if needed
- Stay with the athlete until help arrives, when necessary
- Offer encouragement and a positive attitude!
You will receive:
- Free Race Guards apparel
- Free entry fee
- First aid kit
- Extra water or sports drink
- Triangular bandages
- Energy gels
- Petroleum jelly and other items to help as a first responder
- Appreciation and satisfaction for giving back to others!
Join the winner's circle. Volunteer today!